What Is Amazon business?
Amazon Business is a marketplace for businesses of all sizes. It looks and works very much like regular Amazon — only it offers access to “hundreds of millions” of business products from “hundreds of thousands” of business sellers, according to Amazon. It launched in spring 2015, and by 2018, Amazon said it was already generating $10 billion in annualized sales.
Which businesses use Amazon Business?
According to Amazon, Amazon Business serves the following sort of customers in the US:
- 80% of the 100 largest enrollment education organizations
- 55 of the Fortune 100 companies
- More than half of the 100 biggest hospital systems
- More than 40% of the 100 most populous local governments
The places Amazon business is available
Amazon Business is now available to registered businesses in the following countries:
Amazon Business account costs
It is free to create and use an Amazon Business account, and there are no additional fees.
Amazon takes a fee from sellers’ revenue.
Below are some of the key benefits of creating an Amazon Business account:
- Enjoy exclusive price and quantity discounts on over five million products.
- Control every part of the buying process.
- Receive large orders via pallet delivery.
- Choose a payment option that works best for your business.
- Take advantage of VAT receipt services.
- Track purchases with approval workflows.
- Improve spending visibility with Amazon Business Analytics.
Sign up for an Amazon Business account
An Amazon business account is completely free to use. UK businesses get access to exclusive VAT pricing, downloadable invoices, and analytics reports.
To start creating your account, you will need the following information:
- Your full legal business name
- Your business email ID
- Your business phone number
- Personal information including your full name and job title
If you have an existing Amazon account, you can convert it into a Business account. Just make sure the email ID associated with the account is also your business email ID.
This will automatically transition your Amazon Prime membership to your business account and give you Amazon Prime shipping benefits.
Once your account is created, you can start comparing and buying hundreds of millions of products, in categories from laptops and computers to office supplies and safety equipment.
The account creator can then add and remove administrators and team members, granting them approval to make purchases at will.